POSTING DATE: April 3, 2018
CLOSING DATE: April 20, 2018
ABOUT: With the goal of bringing extraordinary art to the Kingston community and beyond, Studio 22 includes The Open Gallery, featuring the work of over 40 artists from the local region and across Canada, and The Idea Manufactory, a graphic design studio and micropublisher. Studio 22 is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced marketer who has a passion for art and art promotion, to develop a marketing plan for and support the various promotional activities of Studio 22.
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Part-time (up to 32 hours/week, flexible, occasional evenings and weekends)
PAY: $20 – $25/hour plus opportunity for commission/bonus (to be negotiated)
Working within a small team, the Marketing Coordinator is responsible for promoting Studio 22’s goals of bringing art into the greater Kingston community and beyond, creating a cohesive marketing plan, seeking out new clients for art sales and rentals, managing social media, and developing future clients. The Marketing Coordinator has a passion for art and assists in all the activities of Studio 22 including writing promotional pieces, supporting business functions, encouraging the awareness and appreciation of art in the community, and maintaining the values of Studio 22. The incumbent must be flexible and able to develop this role to meet the needs of Studio 22.
- Exceptional writing skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Creative and able to solve problems independently and with the team
- Energetic, self-directed and capable of setting priorities
- Resilient and highly flexible to change
- Ability to support and represent the values and goals of Studio 22
- Willingness to support others in tasks as required
- Diploma or degree in Marketing or relevant degree with proven marketing experience
- 2-5 years’ marketing experience (experience with art sales and rental an asset)
- Demonstrated experience writing press releases, marketing and website content, and other promotional material
- Proven experience applying creative problem solving to expand revenues
- Demonstrated ability building business to business relationships
- Passion for art and sharing art with the community
- Experience using Mac Operating Systems (asset)
- Experience with graphic design, Adobe Creative Suite (asset)
- Experience using WordPress and WooCommerce (asset)
- Valid driver’s licence (asset)
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job
- Direct all applications to the Director, Ally Jacob, [email protected] with the phrase “Marketing and Sales Job” in the subject line.
- Please include a cover letter and resume (as a single file) clearly outlining how your skills and experience meet the specific qualifications.
- Applications must be received before 4:00 pm on April 20, 2018
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please contact the Ally Jacob.